Pages


The reason we CAN pray for ourselves.

Monday, June 28, 2010

You are My Good Thing

Psalm 16:7-9
“The wise counsel God gives when im awake is confirmed by me sleeping heart.  Day and night I’ll stick with God, I’ve got a good thing and I’m not letting go.”


Oh God how You have held me up and preserved me!
You have kept me for Your own plans and pleasures
People said of me look she is abandoned by her God
And He has made her an orphan, a widow
But my heart knows the truth of the matter
You my king have taken me in and now hold me up
You have given me Your ring and robe
They can not see for their eyes are empty sockets
All they view is there own darkness without Your light
I walk in a wide space because of Your Hand on me

I drink and never thirst because of Your fountain inside me
I eat manna not of this earth because You are my food
When can I go and be with You for real
Not only in spirit as I worship in mind and spirit
My soul aches for eternity when we shall see Your face
When all light will be from Your glory alone casting out all shadows
That is what I daydream about, going to Your place
Living there with You and forgetting this corrupted world
You are like a wine and I can not seem to drink enough

You fill me until my mouth overflows and still I want more
I could drown in Your presence so pour Yourself into me!
My heart shouts Your praise and calls to You from the mountain
Come now and let me rest  and lay my head in Your lap
Where else will I find comfort and peace
Where else will I find refreshment and energy
Where else will I find joy and contentment
Ah yes it is within the bosom of Your embrace
And yet as I desire You and constantly run after You
I find it is You who seeks me out as well

You have longed to know me and hold me
Since the day You created me with Your laughter
You have watched me grow and stand up
You have patiently waited the day I would find You
With eagerness You purposed to me
You have succeeded and captured my heart
Your goodness has enslaved me forever
It is Your love Oh God that has covered me head to toe
You are my choice Oh God and I am Yours.




No comments:

Post a Comment