Pages


The reason we CAN pray for ourselves.

Friday, July 2, 2010



Help me leave the world behind Lord!
With all its desire and lure to my senses.
All the immediate sensations and appeasement.

Draw my heart to You oh my God! Jesus
hold me close to You and Spirit help me see truth!
all day long am I surrounded by the enticing smells and aroma of sin.

all day long am I standing upon my freedom from the bondage of sin, and cling to You Jesus for purchasing my freedom! Oh help me put sin far from me.

My heart is steadfast oh Lord, create a clean heart inside my chest! One that pants for Your approval all day long! Cause my eyes to see You as my only source of satisfaction and life.
Let the knowledge that I live on Your very word better than food itself be my meditation. Remind me that I am sustained by the very words of Your son Jesus and You uphold me with Your right arm.

I daily feel my flesh and heart longing for this world and its pleasures and so I welcome every trial that You help me walk in victory through. When i awake I go quickly to You my Lord and give myself to You, submitting control to You because my own heart is deceitful and I am weak on my own. I am born with the tendency to pull away from You my Savior, to wander as a lost sheep so I am quick to give my life a living sacrifice to You and submit my thoughts under Your control.

As Jesus has prayed for me Lord keep me from the evil one! Allow me to be a tool for Your kingdom in this world drawing all peoples to You and bringing You glory. Empower me to do Your will and teach me how to hate the sin and love the sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment