Pages


The reason we CAN pray for ourselves.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Physical Pain

My God who sits in heaven
Who rules in righteousness and truth
By the power of His word I was made
My lips continually praise Your name
For You are marvelous and wonderful

Though my flesh cries and weeps
I will press on and not fear tomorrow
Though pain grips my chest
I will glory in the privilege to shine
For in such a time I can glorify Jesus

Speaking confidence in Him
Speaking belief and faith in His will

Without complaint, without anger
But by love and the power of Gods hand
When I am chosen to be tested
Will I let it slip from me
Never! Be it a time to cling to God

To show my trust is in who He is
In the rough and the soft meadows
And I shall run fully out into the storm
When it rises on the horizon
For then it is my turn to ride strong winds
In this I will mount on eagles wings
And fly higher than I could before
Oh such mystery it is to me!

Thru pain we grow and in weakness He is strongest
When my body is sorely pained and weak
Ands as sleep eludes me, hiding in the shadows
That Your Spirit calls to my spirit
And sustains me as if I were first awakened
My spirit at peace, content and full of Joy

When my mind is clouded
And my own thoughts are a mystery to me
Your Spirit, oh God speaks out for me
And calls on my behalf
Interceding and speaking to the Father
The very things that are needed

In these day I will grow deeper with Him
He will meet me at the mountain top when I arrive
And dine with me at the table He prepared
He will look at the enemy and send him away
For in all things did I continue to praise Gods name

Oh joy and happiness
To know such provision has been made for me
The Spirit that lives within me
The same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead
The Spirit that bears witness for who I am in Christ
Calls out for my deliverance and rescue
Speaking all that I need both day and night.


originally writen
3/14/07

No comments:

Post a Comment