Pages


The reason we CAN pray for ourselves.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Wonderful Names of our Wonderful Lord

Fortress
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalm 18:2

"A mighty fortress is my God," and no evil may reach the soul that shelters there. There is no saint of God who may look back through all the troubled years of any earthly pilgrimage, and not say, if he shall truly speak, "I have been kept by the power of God." Every failure of our lives and each defeat has come when we have sought some earthly fortress rather than our Lord. I am hiding, Lord, in Thee. Amen.

From Wonderful Names of Our Wonderful Lord by Charles Hurburt, T.C. Horton, Barbour Publishing, Inc. ©2009, All rights reserved. No part may be reproduced without written permission from Barbour Publishing, Inc. P.O. Box 719, Uhrichsville, OH 44683. Sent from the Wonderful Names of Our Wonderful Lord Devotional. For devotionals like this one for your iPhone, visit us at 43rdElement.com


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment